Santa's Story

Tuesday, July 08, 2008

"Books" Review

Hmmm......may be due to my "supporters" reading my previous ranting of a "certain" mum, my business has been quite quite good recently. Since the publishing of that entry, I have got 3 new tuition assignment. Wah! Smiling all the way to the bank. LOL

Anyway, 2 weeks back I brought 2 books "Asking For Troubles" & "Table For Three" from TIMES bookshop. Very humorous! I still recall reading them, during lunch in the foodcourt, the day when I bought the books. I was laughing out loud as I read each chapters. Damn funny lor. But the book also provided some "interesting facts" about the other sex's thinking lor. Not sure if it's true. So yesterday I treated ILS (who proclaimed to be my love guru) to dinner and requested ILS to read these books and then "enlighten" me lor. So hopefully, the next time I meet up with ILS, I can be "enlighten". 8-)

8 Comments:

At 6:10 pm, July 31, 2008, Blogger Mohd Sufian said...

Yo Nicky!If u dont mind telling how much u charge per subject/month?

 
At 7:04 pm, July 31, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

p1/2 - ard $30 per 1H 30 min lesson per subject.
p3/4 - ard $35 per 1H 30 min lesson per subject.
p5/6 - ard $40 per 1H 30 min lesson per subject.

 
At 3:31 pm, August 01, 2008, Blogger Mohd Sufian said...

does this mean for a p5 student taking English/Math/Science would be $120 per lesson,assuming u teach all three subjects within 1hr 30 mins?

 
At 9:50 pm, August 01, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If it's all 3 subjects, I can't do them all in 1 1/2hrs. It needs to be at twice a week and 2 hrs slot and only 2 subjects per lessons. e.g. 1 day - English & maths, 2th day - english and science. Best arrangement will be thrice a week, each subject each day. If parent want all 3 subjects in a day, the lesson needs to be at least 3 hours long (1 hr per subject), very tedious for the kid. However if the parent wants all 3, I'm willing to give & take by accepting $50 or $60 per lesson for all 3 subjects lah. Most parent only asked me to take 1 subject lah. My experience tells me that 3 subjects in 1 1/2 hr, is very difficult to do a good job. I need at least 1/2 hr to explain concepts and let the kid practice. Even if I just let the kid do the section A of each chapter of assessment book, no kid can finish their section A in 1/2hr. Bear in mind that I still need time to mark and explain mistakes. 1/2 hr per subject is too unfair to the kid.

 
At 12:19 am, August 03, 2008, Blogger Obi Wan said...

eh y sufian??? i tot u ady been teaching tuition all these while???

 
At 1:11 pm, August 03, 2008, Blogger Mohd Sufian said...

yes that's right.I wanted to know so that I can revise my charges as well.
Due to inflation we have to raise our prices
I also want to introduce some students to Nicholas in case I cant cope in the future

 
At 9:39 pm, August 03, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ic. Thanks in advance. LOL

 
At 2:40 pm, August 04, 2008, Blogger Obi Wan said...

Ceh!!! Never intro to me...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home