Santa's Story

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

1st Drive of My Life

Drove for the 1st time on Saturday. Technically, it was my 1st time driving after I got my driving licence. However if you included those time when I was behind the wheels learning, it should be considered my 33th time lor. 8-)

Drove my sister-in-law's car. Was a very stressful drive. Kind of regretted listening to "certain" person's advice to get my dad to sit next to me when I drive. Chow Turtle! He stressed me more than the road. Ranted and ranted at me from the moment I started the car till we reached our destination (Tampines Swimming Complex).


I've just entered the car, not wanting to stuff everyone in the car from the afternoon heat, I started up the car to switch on the air-con. I then adjusted the driver's seat. Then just as I wanted to adjust the mirrors, he started his ranting.
"Handbrake! Handbrake! You never release the handbrake!"

"Wait. I haven't......."

"Don't wait liao! You never release handbrake how to drive the car!"

"I know must release the handbrake but I........."

"Just release the handbrake lah!"

(Seeing no point in arguing with him) "Ok...ok....I release."

And so I released the handbrake, without even adjusting the mirrors, and drove the car. Then as we were passing the TPJC, I really cannot tahan liao. The view in the rear & side mirror look partially blocked to me lor. So I don't care liao, I stopped the car in front of the foyer of TPJC to adjust the mirror.

"Why you stop!?"

"I want to adjust the mirrors."

"What!! You never adjust the mirrors before you start to drive? How you pass your licence like that??!!!"

"............" (Chow Turtle!)


Later as I drive, he ranted on some more.

"You're too slow! Faster!"

(I was travelling at 50 km/h, so I increased speed to about 60 km/h.)

"Too fast! You want to kill us?"

(Slow to 55 km/h)

"Why so slow?!!"

(............)

Distance travelled during this ranting was only from the traffic light of TPJC to the traffic light of Gongshang Primary. i.e. traffic light to traffic light, straight road, no cars on the road, OUR CAR was the only car on that road at that time.

And of course that were many more rantings but I can't be bother to write them all down lor. Hahaha. I mean come'on lah. All his rantings were for nitty critty things only. This is my 1st drive, ok. No need to rant at me wan lor. No need to act like a LC Shitface lor. He ranted so much that as we were about to leave the swimming complex, I just told him, "Ok lor. Since you say my driving is bad. You drive lor."

"Nooo....you drive. You need more driving experience to improve."

"What for I drive? You cry father, cry mother when I'm driving. You drive better correct?"

"No lah! You drive. I make noise is to help you improve mah."

(Hmmm.....quite true.....ranting that my hair was long and I'm wearing Bermudas when I'm driving, CERTAINLY improves my driving.)

So I gave him the "Don't give me your crap" face, took out the car key, passed it to him and said, "Either you drive or I drive but you keep quiet. If you don't want to drive but still want to make noise. I'll leave the car here and take the bus home." And I ended with a "I don't give a damn" face.

I drove the car back, my dad barely made any noise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home